venerdì 12 luglio 2013

homo Erectus and homo Sapiens.

2 million years ago homo herectus became homo sapiens.
now, I don’t know if I can be considered "sapiens" (I know some of my friends will start laughing at this point), but I’m not "herectus", this I’m sure of.
the worst damage made by the “bitch” SLA is that she eats away all muscles.
slowly but helplessly, almost all muscles leave you. Motor muscles go first. You find yourself fighting with balance suddenly, unexpectedly.
As far as I’m concerned, I fell at least twice. The first time at home, on the stairs. Or rather, from the stairs. I just rolled down, without being aware of it. Several stitches on the head.
The second time, coming out from a supermarket near Trento. I just tripped into the carpet, pushing the cart, and I went down, that’s it. Fell on the back of the head. I lost consciousness, but mostly I lost at once taste and smell.
It’s not a big deal that my disgusting brownish slop has no flavour, no smell.
Then, slowly, you realize that muscles abandon you. First, the arms. You can’t make “normal” movements anymore: to eat, get dressed, drive… Then the hands. Tying your shoes, scratching yourself suddenly become insuperable obstacles. The legs, then. You don’t walk anymore… and although for a certain time you can stand up, slowly calfs and quads can’t support you anymore, as if gravity just became too much for you.
Then, last but not least, the neck. The head becomes a huge and heavy rock. It’s like becoming a modern-day Atlas.
I ask you to do a test. When you feel an itch, don’t scratch yourself. Feel the urge growing, growing some more, becoming unbearable, and then slowly subsiding.
Welcome to my world.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento